August 31, 2020
No one can deny it, the world has changed in the last months. But what hasn’t changed is our human desire to explore and discover new sights and sounds. We just want to do so safely. And you can! Attractions, cruises, tours and museums have all taken measures to protect your health. Which measures have been taken? Let’s take a closer look at one of our new canal cruises: New York Pizza by LOVERS.
Safely cruise the Amsterdam canals
Before you board the cruise you are asked if you have any Covid-19 related health issues, like a cough, we also ask you to disinfect your hands by using the disinfection spray and we check your temperature at your wrist. On board we limit the amount of people so we can maintain proper social distancing rules and we ask you to remain seated at your allocated table throughout the cruise.
Article continues below
Time for pizza and stunning views
As we cruise to the IJ river, you can enjoy your first drink of the evening. What will you have? A nice cold Heineken, some wine or maybe a soft drink or some water? The choice is yours. As we make a quick stop on the IJ river to pick up your pizza, hot from the New York Pizza ovens, you can enjoy the views of the striking architecture of the Eye Film Museum or ponder swinging on the roof of the A’DAM Lookout.
As we serve your pizza’s, we’ll make our way to the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Amsterdam canals. Sit back, relax, enjoy the views, your pizza and the occasional fun fact from the captain about the canals and its inhabitants. For instance, did you know there are over 800.000 bikes in Amsterdam. Sometimes they fall into the canals. More than 10.000 bikes are fished out of the canals every year!
Finished your pizza? Don’t worry the cruise isn’t over yet. It’s time for desert, who doesn’t love Cookie Dough Chocolate Chip ice cream?
Our top tips
- Sep 22, 2023 Great things to do in Amsterdam in autumn
- Sep 19, 2023 Beautiful Light Art festivals throughout Europe
- Sep 11, 2023 Autumn in Rotterdam: time to go exploring
- Sep 8, 2023 Visiting Stockholm in autumn
- Sep 7, 2023 What is the best canal cruise Amsterdam has to offer?
- Sep 5, 2023 Great things to do in Berlin in autumn
- Sep 1, 2023 Discover things to do in Copenhagen in autumn
- Aug 29, 2023 Explore the port of Rotterdam during the World Port Days
- Aug 18, 2023 The best ways to see Amsterdam by bike
- Aug 11, 2023 10 fun facts about Rotterdam