August 21, 2020
So, we’ve covered attractions, museums, and many other topics in previous blogs. But we haven’t talked in-depth about one of Amsterdam’s most popular things to do: canal cruises! There are more than 100 kilometers of canals, 90 islands and over 1000 bridges in the old city centre. The best way to explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site is by going on an Amsterdam canal cruise.
But what is the best canal cruise Amsterdam has to offer? Well, if you’re interested in going on a canal cruise, Amsterdam has plenty of options. Let’s take a look at some of the best canal cruises in Amsterdam!
The 4 most interesting Amsterdam canal cruises
#4: The classic Amsterdam Canal Cruise is a not-to-miss experience for any visitor to the city. Whether you take this cruise during the day or in the evening, it is the perfect way to introduce yourself to the Dutch capital and get a feel for the city.
#3: On number 3, we have a recent addition to the range of options available for tourists in Amsterdam: Hop On Hop Off. Unlike a regular Amsterdam canal cruise which has a fixed itinerary, Hop On Hop Off lets you customize your sightseeing experience. You can take unlimited canal cruises and hop off whenever you see something interesting. When you want to keep moving, you just catch the next boat!
#2: The New York Pizza by LOVERS cruise is a fantastic choice for families and groups of friends. As the name suggests, it includes a meal completly consisting of a delicious pizza (choose from a menu when you book your tickets) as well as unlimited drinks and for desert a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream.
#1: The Amsterdam Dinner Cruise is perhaps the most unique canal cruise Amsterdam can offer. You’ll cruise through the city while enjoying a delicious three-course meal, choose between a meat, fish and vegetarian main, to make sure the meal is exactly as you want it.
Weather in Amsterdam
The weather in Amsterdam can play a role in your experience. Amsterdam’s weather changes a lot from season to season (cold in the winter, temperate and windy in the spring and autumn, and hot during summer). Regardless of the season, the weather in Amsterdam can also change quite suddenly. So besides checking the forecast when packing your bags, make sure to bring suitable clothing for any occasion!
All kinds of canal cruise Amsterdam tickets are available here. So don’t miss out and go on a canal cruise, Amsterdam awaits!
Article continues below
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise €19.00 €16.00
- Wine & Cheese Cruise in Amsterdam €37.50 €32.50
- Amsterdam Dinner Cruise €79.00
- Semi-open Boat Cruise in Amsterdam €19.00 €16.00
- Evening Canal Cruise €19.00 €16.00
- New York Pizza by LOVERS Cruise in Amsterdam €42.50 €34.50
- Pancake Cruise Amsterdam €22.50
- Cruise like a local in Amsterdam €18.50
Our top tips
- Mar 17, 2023 Discover Rotterdam in Spring
- Mar 14, 2023 A Swedish Easter in Stockholm
- Mar 10, 2023 A few fun Keukenhof facts
- Mar 7, 2023 Top attractions in Copenhagen you can’t miss
- Mar 3, 2023 Things to do during Easter in Berlin
- Feb 28, 2023 Visit the world's largest flower garden in 2023
- Jan 31, 2023 Valentine’s Day in Amsterdam
- Jan 12, 2023 National Tulip Day celebrations in Amsterdam
- Dec 14, 2022 Magical Christmas markets in and near Amsterdam
- Dec 12, 2022 The 7 best things to do in Amsterdam in winter