January 31, 2023
It’s almost that time of the year again when all the lovers have their own day: Valentine’s Day. If you happen to spend it in the romantic capital of the Netherlands, you won’t be disappointed. We’ve got some great tips on what to do in Amsterdam on Valentine’s Day.
LOVERS Love Boat
Celebrate Valentine’s Day on the Amsterdam Canals with a LOVERS Canal Cruise.. Dine under the stars with the romantically lit up canals and bridges in the background. You can choose from a 3-course dinner cruise, New York Pizza cruise or Wine & Cheese cruise.
Magere Brug - kissing bridge
The Magere Brug (Skinny Bridge) in Amsterdam is also known as the kissing bridge. Legend tells that if you kiss your lover while sailing underneath the bridge (or standing on it) you will love each other forever. And who are we to doubt these sort of things? Go on a canal cruise or take a walk along the canals on Valentine’s Day and make sure your love will never end by sealing it with a kiss.
Article continues below
- Staff favourite Amsterdam Canal Cruise €19.00 €16.00
- New Wine & Cheese Cruise in Amsterdam €37.50 €32.50
- New Amsterdam Dinner Cruise €79.00
- Staff favourite Evening Canal Cruise €19.00 €16.00
- Staff favourite Red Light Secrets €17.00 €14.50
- Erotic Museum €8.00 €7.50
- Staff favourite BODY WORLDS Amsterdam €25.00 €22.50
So riding a bike in Amsterdam is a nice way to spend time. You can get around town easily and see a lot in a short amount of time. But you’re all alone on that bike and that might get a little lonely. So that’s why there are also tandems available. One bike for two people. Alright, we’ll admit this takes some practice. But ones you get the hang of it, it is a great way to spend Valentine’s Day in Amsterdam.
Valentine Classics at the Movies
If you really want to go all out then the perfect thing to do is Valentine Classics at the Movies at the Concertgebouw. The most romantic movie songs will be played by the North Netherlands Symphony Orchestra. So put on your fancy clothes and swoon away to the sound of romance. A night out like this is sure to charm your partner!
Venture a little further
While Amsterdam is a very romantic city in which you can easily spend a wonderful Valentine’s Day, there are also other places that ooze romance. Take Giethoorn for example. This fairytale-like village has no roads and you’ll have to get around on a boat. Or cross the border to Belgium and visit Bruges. This medieval town just calls for a stroll while holding hands. Both towns can easily be visited from Amsterdam on a tour.
Spending Valentine's Day in Amsterdam is a fantastic choice. Decide what you are going to do and woo the one you love. Love is in the air!
Our top tips
- May 30, 2023 Amsterdam Art Week: an international hub for art lovers
- May 16, 2023 Experience rainbow colours during Rotterdam Pride
- May 12, 2023 Celebrate the National Day of Sweden: 500 year anniversary
- May 5, 2023 Copenhagen: the city of craft beer
- May 4, 2023 Discover Berlin’s best museums
- May 2, 2023 Celebrating 185 years of ARTIS in Amsterdam
- Apr 18, 2023 A true Dutch party - King’s Day in Rotterdam
- Apr 14, 2023 Visit attractions for free during Stockholm Culture Night
- Apr 11, 2023 Celebrating King's Day in Amsterdam
- Apr 6, 2023 The best things to do during spring in Copenhagen