What to visit in Amsterdam: an Amsterdam guide!
There is so much to see and to do in Amsterdam that it can be a bit overwhelming to decide where to start. Here is a handy Amsterdam guide on what to visit in Amsterdam to get you started. Deciding on what to visit in Amsterdam is much more comfortable when you know what to expect! So enjoy this Amsterdam guide to find out the best things to do and what to visit in Amsterdam!
Amsterdam guide: Sightseeing
- The canal belt is one of the city’s iconic landmarks. There are over 100 kilometers of beautiful canals in the historic city center. A favorite way to explore them is to go on a canal cruise.
- The old city center and Dam Square are a great starting point to see what the city is all about.
- A walk through the famous Red Light District is also a must during your holidays. There are several guided tours available.
Amsterdam guide: Museums
- Being the largest museum in the Netherlands and one of the most important museums in Europe, the Rijksmuseum earns a spot on our Amsterdam guide.
- The Van Gogh Museum houses the world’s most extensive collection of paintings, drawings, sketches and letters by the famous Dutch impressionist artist Vincent van Gogh.
- The Stedelijk Museum boasts an impressive collection of modern art, contemporary art, and design ranging from the early 20th century to the 21st century. With works by the likes of Wassily Kandinsky, Jackson Pollock, Henri Matisse, Karel Appel, Andy Warhol and countless others, it is worth a visit.
Amsterdam guide: Attractions
- The Amsterdam Ice Bar is a unique bar that is made entirely out of ice. The furniture, the decorations, the walls, the seats and even the glasses are made of ice! This is a cool experience that deserves a spot on our Amsterdam guide.
- The Heineken Experience offers a multimedia tour of the original Heineken factory.
- Madame Tussauds Amsterdam offers you the next best thing to meeting your idols in person. It features highly-realistic wax replicas of actors, artists, politicians, athletes and pop stars.
- BODY WORLDS Amsterdam is a unique exhibition featuring real plastinated human bodies. A fantastic attraction to learn more about the human anatomy!
Hopefully, this Amsterdam guide gave you some ideas on what to do during your holidays in the capital of the Netherlands. You can find cheap tickets to these and many other attractions here!