Below you'll find the answers to all questions you might have about Keukenhof and our tours to the Keukenhof Gardens.
Departure & Return
- Can I choose my return time from the Gardens to Amsterdam?
Only when you have an Entrance only ticket. For the Keukenhof bus tour and the combination with the Countryside tour, your guide will let you know when you have to be back at the bus for departure.
- How long does it take to get from Amsterdam to the Keukenhof Gardens?
The commute is about 45 minutes (depending on traffic).
- How long in advance do I need to be at the meeting point in Amsterdam and where is it?
For TOURS - Please be at the meeting point at least 30 min before your departure time. The tours depart from: TOURS & TICKETS store in Amsterdam Central Station: IJ-Hal, De Ruijterkade 34 a, 1012 AA Amsterdam. Click here for a map of the meeting points.
- How long in advance do I need to be at the meeting point at Keukenhof for departure and where is it?
Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes in advance. The meeting point is in the Keukenhof's parking lot.
- Are there toilets on board?
No, there are no toilets on board of the buses, but there are plenty at the Keukenhof Gardens.
- Is there WIFI on board?
No, there is no WiFi on board.
- What happens if I miss my tour and/or my bus?
If you miss your tour from Amsterdam, you will need to pay a fee to reschedule the tour for another time. If you miss your bus from Keukenhof, please contact our staff member at the parking lot or call our office for instructions.
- If I miss my bus from the park, do you cover my costs to come back to Amsterdam?
No, you need to make your own way back to Amsterdam. We do not hold responsibility for the extra costs.
- Can we bring food/drinks on the bus?
You can drink soft drinks on board (only bottled drinks are allowed, no cans). Eating is not allowed on the bus.
- I have a younger child under 3 years old, do they get a seat on the bus?
Children under 3 years old without a ticket do not have a seat on board, they can sit on their parent's lap. If you wish to have a separate seat for the child, you need to buy them a separate child ticket.
- Can we reserve seats on the bus?
No, this is not possible. There is free seating on the bus. First come, first served.
- Where will the bus drop me off at the end of the tour?
The bus will bring you back to Amsterdam Central Station.
Keukenhof tours & combinations
- What is the difference between the guided and non-guided tour?
Both tours use the same bus and include the entrance and transportation, the difference is that the guided tour includes a one-hour guided tour through the park, whereas the non-guided tour does not.
- I booked a combination, what will I be visiting first?
This will be decided on the day. When you get to the shop on the day of the tour you can always check with the guide what your schedule looks like for the day.
- When I book a tour combination can I do one of the tours on a different day?
No, it is not possible. The complete tour takes place on one day. The 1hr canal cruise, however, can be used any day. You can book the canal cruise when you check-in for the tour at the shop.
Keukenhof and its beautiful gardens
- What is the best period to visit Keukenhof?
In 2024 the Keukenhof tulip gardens are open from 21 March to 12 May. Because we cannot control nature, we cannot know in advance when the flowers will be at their peak.
- How long do I have to visit the gardens?
Keukenhof is open daily from 08:00 – 19:30. If you have booked one of our tours, you will have about 3 hours to visit the Keukenhof gardens. When you have an Entrance Only ticket, you will have as much time as you wish.
- Is it possible to eat/drink something at the Keukenhof Gardens?
You can bring your own food/drinks or purchase something at the park directly. There are many options to cater to all tastes and budgets.
- Is there a stop at the flower fields?
No, there is no stop at the flower fields on the tours.
- Can we rent bikes inside the park?
No, bikes are not allowed inside the gardens.
- Does my ticket to the park include a boat ride inside?
No, if you wish, you can purchase a separate ticket inside to take a short boat ride through the gardens.
- Can we reschedule our tour?
You can cancel or reschedule a Keukenhof tour up to 5 days in advance.
Accessibility for the tours and for the Keukenhof Gardens
- Can I visit Keukenhof with a wheelchair?
Yes, the park offers excellent access for (electric) wheelchairs and has plenty of disabled toilet facilities. The use of a wheelchair is free of charge. Use of electric wheelchairs is allowed but they are not available at Keukenhof.
- Is it possible to rent a wheelchair at the Keukenhof?
Yes, there are wheelchairs available. You can reserve a wheelchair up to the day before your visit at 17:00 at the latest. There are a limited number of wheelchairs available and therefore we recommend that you reserve one as soon as possible.
Click here to make a reservation. In case the option "wheelchair" does not appear in the reservation form, it means that the options are not available for this date.
- Can I join the tour with a wheelchair?
The guest must be able to get on board without assistance. The wheelchair must be folded and it can be stored in the cargo space of the bus. Please note that electric wheelchairs do not fit on the bus.
- Can I bring a suitcase on the bus?
Yes, this is possible but only hand luggage. However, the suitcase cannot stay on the bus, you will have to take it with you during the visit to the gardens. If you have a bigger bag, you can rent a locker nearby Central Station.
- Can I be picked up/dropped off from/to my hotel?
Not every hotel has a pick-up service, please consult this with your hotel directly. Drop off service from our side is not available.
- Can I bring a dog with me on board?
If you book an Entrance Only ticket, dogs are allowed in Keukenhof if they are kept on a leash. Dogs are not allowed in the pavilions and restaurants, with the exception of service dogs. If you book a tour, keep in mind that only service dogs are allowed on board.
- How can I book a parking ticket for the parking lot at Keukenhof?
You can book a parking ticket on the official Keukenhof website, and it costs €6.
- What are the current coronavirus measures I need to be aware of in the Netherlands?
You can read about the latest coronavirus measures in our Covid-19 FAQ.