Vacancy Tour Guide
Tours & Tickets started more than 34 years ago from the Damrak in Amsterdam as a sales desk for excursions and attractions. Today, Tours & Tickets is a market leader in terms of excursions, city tours, and ticket sales for a wide variety of museums, attractions, canal tours and sightseeing. Tours & Tickets sells more than 4 million tickets yearly through its uniquely styled Tours & Tickets shops, “shop-in-shop” outlets, hotels, resellers, and not to forget the handy website and mobile application.
Each year thousands of tourists come to Amsterdam to visit The Netherlands. With our enthusiastic and motivated team, we strive to provide an unforgettable vacation by ensuring our customers are given good advice, on the basis of which they may visit all the highlights of not only Amsterdam and The Netherlands, but of Belgium as well. For guiding our guests during excursions to, among other places, the Keukenhof, The Hague, or Volendam, we are looking for enthusiastic and customer-friendly guides who see it as a challenge to ensure our guests are provided with all they need. Professional and with a personal touch. After a short but thorough induction period, you should be able to work all round and independently, assuming full responsibility for your duties.
WHAT DOES A GUIDE FUNCTION AT TOURS & TICKETS INVOLVE?
- Receiving and guiding guests during their day tour;
- Informing guests about the various sights’ history and interesting facts;
- Pro-actively approaching guests with respect to service, sales, and entertainment;
- Providing correct information about products and services of Tours & Tickets and its partners.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our ideal candidate has the following to offer:
- Your language proficiency in at least Dutch, English, German, and Spanish is good;
- You are familiar with the primary touristic places;
- You enjoy addressing groups and generating enthusiasm with your knowledge;
- You are highly service-oriented – you have an enthusiastic and pro-active attitude;
- You remain calm in hectic/busy periods, and are able to continue working in a structured manner;
- You have a friendly and open demeanour;
- You are willing to work during weekends, vacation periods, and national holidays.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
- The opportunity to gain experience in the tourism sector with a knowledgeable employer with years of experience in tourism;
- Varied work in an inspiring environment;
- An appropriate reward in accordance with the collective labour agreement for the Tourist sector;
- A challenging job in a contemporary, young, and enthusiastic organisation;
- A great workplace in the centre of Amsterdam;
- Pleasant and motivated colleagues.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Please send in a copy of your resume and an extensive written motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org care of Froukje Vliegenberg.
- Holland Tours
- Canal Cruises
- Hop on Hop off
- Small Group Tours
- Belgium Tours
- Amsterdam Walking & Bike Tours
- Amsterdam Red Light District
- Amsterdam Nightlife
- Amsterdam for Kids
- Combi Discount
- Selected by Locals
- Amsterdam off the beaten path
- Your One stop shop for all tours and museums
- The cheapest tickets you can find them with us
- Skip the Line Tickets no more waiting in line
- Multiple languages so we understand each other