Tours & Tickets started more than 34 years ago from the Damrak in Amsterdam as a sales desk for excursions and attractions. Today, Tours & Tickets is a market leader in terms of excursions, city tours, and ticket sales for a wide variety of museums, attractions, canal tours and sightseeing. Tours & Tickets sells more than 4 million tickets yearly through its uniquely styled Tours & Tickets shops, “shop-in-shop” outlets, hotels, resellers, and not to forget the handy website and mobile application.
For our international City Sightseeing label in the centre of Amsterdam, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated steward. Are you a real go-getter, and do you see a challenge in serving as a contact person for our guests, and in that capacity playing an important part in successfully performing daily operations? Then perhaps you are the new colleague to supplement our team!
As a steward, you are jointly responsible ensuring buses and boats depart on time. You are also tasked with ensuring a safe environment for our guests, so they may check in and out in an orderly manner. On top of this, you are capable of taking appropriate action in the event of calamities. It goes without saying that as our first contact person, you are customer-friendly and give our guests you utmost attention; you have an eye for detail and provide an optimal service for our guests.
WHAT DOES A STEWARD FUNCTION AT Tours & Tickets INVOLVE?
As a steward, you are the first contact person for our customers and guests at a given location. This may, for example, be at the door of our operational headquarters (PH kade), at a departure point for one of the Amsterdam City Sightseeing busses, a berth for the Hop-on Hop-off Canal Cruise boats, or even at the Keukenhof. Duties include:
- Receiving our guests and answering any questions;
- Ensuring guests enter the correct boat or bus;
- Resolving any possible incidents that may occur;
- Providing support for colleagues working on board a boat or bus.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our ideal applicant has the following to offer:
- Your language proficiency for at least Dutch and English is good;
- You are highly service-oriented;
- You have an enthusiastic and pro-active attitude;
- You remain calm in hectic/busy periods, and are able to continue working in a structured manner;
- You have a friendly and open demeanour;
- You are willing to work during weekends, vacation periods, and national holidays.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
- The opportunity to gain experience in the tourism sector with a knowledgeable employer with years of experience in tourism;
- Varied work in an inspiring environment;
- An appropriate reward in accordance with the collective labour agreement for the Tourist sector;
- A challenging job in a contemporary, young, and enthusiastic organisation;
- A great workplace in the centre of Amsterdam;
- Pleasant and motivated colleagues.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Please send in a copy of your resume and an extensive written motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org care of Froukje Vliegenberg.
- Holland Tours
- Canal Cruises
- Hop on Hop off
- Small Group Tours
- Belgium Tours
- Amsterdam Walking & Bike Tours
- Amsterdam Red Light District
- Amsterdam Nightlife
- Amsterdam for Kids
- Combi Discount
- Selected by Locals
- Amsterdam off the beaten path
- Your One stop shop for all tours and museums
- The cheapest tickets you can find them with us
- Skip the Line Tickets no more waiting in line
- Multiple languages so we understand each other