Vacancy Planning Staff Member
Tours & Tickets started more than 34 years ago from the Damrak in Amsterdam as a sales desk for excursions and attractions. Today, Tours & Tickets is a market leader in terms of excursions, city tours, and ticket sales for a wide variety of museums, attractions, canal tours and sightseeing. Tours & Tickets sells more than 4 million tickets yearly through its uniquely styled Tours & Tickets shops, “shop-in-shop” outlets, hotels, resellers, and not to forget the handy website and mobile application.
For our operational headquarters in the centre of Amsterdam, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Planning Staff Member to aid the planning department, the heart of the organisation, in arranging a perfect execution of our tours each day.
WHAT DOES THE FUNCTION OF PLANNING STAFF MEMBER AT TOURS & TICKETS INVOLVE?
- Entering sold seats for the busses in the most efficient manner possible;
- Registering and checking tours sold and actually departed guests, including the administrative processing of bookings, applications, cancellations, and no-shows;
- The daily planning with respect to the number of busses, and communicating this with the suppliers concerned;
- Checking maintenance schedules and checklists for transport vehicles;
- Promoting sales for attractions and specific tours, and their associated times, for optimising bus schedule efficiency;
- Checking all commercial stops for information gathering, and processing this in management reporting;
- Managing the top 5 products.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A high level of intellectual and professional ability (Higher Professional Education-level) with a completed vocational training (e.g. Logistics/Tourism);
- Good language proficiency in at least Dutch and English;
- The ability to anticipate capacity problems, and to proactively respond to and manage these;
- Experience in planning and managing members of staff;
- Available for a minimum of 24 hours weekly;
- Able to cope with stress, precise, and proactive;
- Flexible w.r.t. working hours, willing to work during weekends and periodically on official holidays;
- No 9 – 5 mentality;
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a similar function
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Varied work in an inspiring environment;
- An appropriate reward in accordance with the collective labour agreement for the Tourist sector;
- A temporary contract with the possibility for renewal when proven suitable
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Please send a copy of your resume and an extensive written motivation to email@example.com care of Froukje Vliegenberg.
- Holland Tours
- Canal Cruises
- Hop on Hop off
- Small Group Tours
- Belgium Tours
- Amsterdam Walking & Bike Tours
- Amsterdam Red Light District
- Amsterdam Nightlife
- Amsterdam for Kids
- Combi Discount
- Selected by Locals
- Amsterdam off the beaten path
- Your One stop shop for all tours and museums
- The cheapest tickets you can find them with us
- Skip the Line Tickets no more waiting in line
- Multiple languages so we understand each other