Vacancy Assistant Guide
Tours & Tickets started more than 34 years ago from the Damrak in Amsterdam as a sales desk for excursions and attractions. Today, Tours & Tickets is a market leader in terms of excursions, city tours, and ticket sales for a wide variety of museums, attractions, canal tours and sightseeing. Tours & Tickets sells more than 4 million tickets yearly through its uniquely styled Tours & Tickets shops, “shop-in-shop” outlets, hotels, resellers, and not to forget the handy website and mobile application.
Each year thousands of tourists come to Amsterdam to visit The Netherlands. With our enthusiastic and motivated team, we strive to provide an unforgettable vacation by ensuring our customers are given good advice, on the basis of which they may visit all the highlights of not only Amsterdam and The Netherlands but of Belgium as well.
For guiding our guests during excursions to, among other places, the Keukenhof, The Hague, or Volendam, we are looking for enthusiastic and customer-friendly assistant guides who see it as a challenge to ensure our guests are provided with all they need. Professional and with a personal touch. After a short but thorough induction period, you should be able to work all-round and independently, assuming full responsibility for your duties.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT GUIDE FUNCTION AT TOURS & TICKETS INVOLVE?
- Receiving guests upon arrival at our operational headquarters, Damrak 26, and guiding them towards the bus;
- Guiding guests as instructed by the guide;
- Answering questions and talking to guests about the history and interesting facts concerning the sights to be visited;
- Pro-actively approaching customers with respect to service, sales, and entertainment;
- Supporting the guide where necessary
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our ideal candidate has the following to offer:
- Your language proficiency in at least English and Spanish is good, with Dutch and German being an additional advantage;
- You enjoy addressing groups and generating enthusiasm with your knowledge;
- You are highly service-oriented – you have an enthusiastic and pro-active attitude;
- You remain calm in hectic/busy periods, and are able to continue working in a structured manner;
- You have a friendly and open demeanour;
- You are willing to work during weekends, vacation periods, and national holidays.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- The opportunity to gain experience in the tourism sector with a knowledgeable employer with years of experience in tourism, and to develop yourself as a full-fledged guide;
- Varied work in an inspiring environment;
- An appropriate reward in accordance with the collective labour agreement for the Tourist sector;
- A challenging job in a contemporary, young, and enthusiastic organisation;
- The opportunity to advance and become a guide if your German language proficiency is good already, or you have taken steps to improve this to a satisfactory level;
- Pleasant and motivated colleagues.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Please send in a copy of your resume and an extensive written motivation to email@example.com care of Froukje Vliegenberg.
- Holland Tours
- Canal Cruises
- Hop on Hop off
- Keukenhof Tours
- Small Group Tours
- Belgium Tours
- Amsterdam Walking & Bike Tours
- Amsterdam Red Light District
- Amsterdam Nightlife
- Amsterdam for Kids
- Combi Discount
- Selected by Locals
- Amsterdam off the beaten path
- Your One stop shop for all tours and museums
- The cheapest tickets you can find them with us
- Skip the Line Tickets no more waiting in line
- Multiple languages so we understand each other